Dr. Won Sung, DDS

What do I do if I broke my tooth?

Man holding jaw in pain | Elgin IL DentistA broken tooth normally requires a crown or a large filling or in more serious cases, an endodontic treatment (Root Canal Therapy) or a tooth extraction. There is no need to panic. Dr. Sung is highly skilled in treating such cases. Until you see Dr. Sung, try not to aggravate the condition by avoiding chewing on the affected side. Also avoid anything that’s too hot and cold, acidic and sweet. Do not delay to get an appointment. A once salvageable tooth may not be saved if too much time has passed.         

If you have difficulty using our website, please email us or call us at (847) 741-4347
View the ADA Accessibility Statement